Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I don't know what I don't know

Given my penchant for being "good at education" it should come no surprise that I like testing. Over the past year or so I have been tested in all sorts of ways. The first test was surviving a stroke. The second test was convincing myself, friends, and family that I could adapt and accommodate to my new reality. It would take time. But, heck I have that!

Which brings me to my last series of tests that are the kind I am used to... tests of verbal skills, memory, visual skills, problem solving, and so on. All tests somehow test my cognitive abilities (or DISabilities.) My last report sums things up:

"This profile reflects mild left hemisphere and bilateral frontal cortical compromise, the pattern of which is most consistent with the left parietal stroke she sustained in November 2007. This profile appears stable and, if anything, may improve with further neurologic recovery."

Which gives me hope that I will recover a bit more of my 'mojo'-- whatever that is!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! We're still praying for you every day, as well as for your brothers back.

    ReplyDelete